21.6.11

Cyber Crime Investigation Wing for Punjab

Punjab Police has recently set up a state level Cyber Crime Investigation Cell. This Cell has been notified as cyber crime police station with the jurisdiction of the entire state of Punjab where any kind of FIR can be registered under various provisions of IT Act and related laws.
This cell is located at SAS Nagar, Mohali. People from any part of Punjab can get their FIR registered in this police station by visiting there or sending their complaints through e-mail (policehelp100@gmail.com, ssp.cyber-pb@ nic.in). People can lodge complaints related with data theft, e-mail travel, e-mail threat, extortion and cheating through internet, bank and credit card frauds, hacking, fishing etc.
Besides, a state level crime police station has also been notified with the jurisdiction of the entire state of Punjab with a view to investigate specialized crimes especially related with scams and major frauds.
Both these police stations will work under the ADGP Crime Punjab. Kunwar Vijay Pratap Singh has been given the charge of SSP of Crime Branch, Punjab who will supervise all the Cyber Crime Investigations and cases related with specialized crimes.
The state crime branch of Punjab was inaugurated on 9th April 2011 by Honorable Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal. The function was presided over by Shri PS Gill DGP Punjab where presentations were made by the ADGP Crime Shri Sanjeev Gupta. The function was attended by senior officers of Punjab Police and members of community at large.

4 comments:

BISWAJIT DHAR said...

Today i saw programme panjab speak regarding cyber crimeDG Mr vijay pratap singh and editor MRS Reeta sharma way explain the programme really unexpected according to me these programme should be shown every channel then cyber crime will come down thanks to PTC NEWS Regards BISWAJIT DHAR SHILLONG

sonu said...

sir i have an my facebook account some one hacked it . i'm from ludhiana punjab my name is harminder pal, now i live in kuwait . some hacked my account harry paul http://www.facebook.com/harmindersonupal he hacked my acconut nad he can misuse plz help me. i wish u can close tht account. if you want any idendity by me then you can check my number 0096555360710 this is my kuwait number. and harminderpaulsonu@gmail.com is my email address. plz help tp me . tht hacked from patiala punjab, his id is
saurabh.sanan@ymail.com and sarvesh.asr@gmail.com
plz sir if you cant give me that account back plz close that one please sir any time you can call to me..... thnx sir. i wish you can help to me sir,

sarora said...

sir i haven taken a hotel package for goa on 12oct 2012 for 12 jan 2013 from affordable sales promotion pvt ltd advertised under clickindia.com. they told that they will provide accomodation in 3-5 star hotels in rs.5000 for 4 people. so i took two packages. they had only one condition that we have to send vouchers along with a draft of rs.450 for 21 days of going. i sent that voucher and draft but the add. found wrong. then again i sent the courier to their another add.but they are not intrested now to give the package. the name of the person is rahul malhotra sales manager who gave me the package. u can call me on this no. 8054854141 for further enquiry.

jasbir paul singh badwal said...

I jasbir paul singh had submitted a complaint on 17/05/2013 regarding a lottery fraud.I just want to know about the starting of the investigation as the fraudant is still in India and chances of their capture are bright.Please do the needful at the earliest.thanks.